Saturday, May 18, 2013

Galena

My aunt Teresa is still here visiting from Florida.  She came for my graduation and is staying a little longer.  We thought it would be fun to take her to Galena while she was here, so on Friday, the two blondes and I took off for a little day trip.  Galena is filled with the cutest, small, locally-owned shops.  You won't find any major corporations there, which is so refreshing.  We spent the day weaving in and out of many of these shops. 
 
One of the first stops was the Great American Popcorn Company where I was more interested in their fun sodas rather than the popcorn.  I did have to go home with a few fun sodas. ;)  We browsed a lot of neat and unique home décor in numerous shops.  Teresa enjoyed the bead shop, of course, since she is a jewelry-maker.  One of my favorite shops, Poopsie's, is just filled with the best things.  There is no other description.  Vague, right?  Haha.  It is the store that had the mustache etched glass above^^.  Its a store of odds and ends, but beautiful odds and ends.  They had these pieces of art that had lyrics printed on the sides that I absolutely loved.  However, they were a bit pricey.  I also really appreciated the magnet that said, "I wish Morgan Freeman narrated my life."  Um, yes.  That is me.  What I did go home with, however, is a Brian Andreas card that is the perfect size for framing.  I'll have to share it on here sometime.   
 
We had lunch outside and it was so quiet and beautiful.  It was great just to take it in.  And later in the day we shared fancy Italian desserts.  I'm glad we were able to spend the day together.
 
P.S.  I read in the De Soto Hotel that they are having a rooftop party for the Fourth of July that is open to the public.  I need to remember to tell Spenser and see if he's interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment