Wednesday, April 24, 2013

twinkle lights

The other day, one strand of my twinkle lights burned out and I realized it was probably time to take them down.  This wouldn't be a big deal if not for the accompanying truth that I'm going to be out of here soon.  That means not only can I take down my twinkle lights, but I can go ahead and pack up the rest of my things too.  (Which I did start the other day for anyone who's wondering.)

For good.  Pack up for good.
I graduate in two weeks.  The end is really here and instead of having a feeling of finality, I am left in disbelief.  Maybe subconsciously it's in there somewhere, but to me it just feels like the end of any other year.  (I have to walk across a stage in a gown soon? what?)

I suppose the ironic part is that this is what I've worked so hard for.  It's finally within reach.
But for now, I'm going to push all of that to the side and enjoy the magical glow of the lights for one last evening.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment