Sunday, April 21, 2013

Birthday Extras

After dinner on the 16th, Spenser and I went to the Front Street Brewery for a celebratory drink.  Since it was the middle of the week, we basically had the place to ourselves aside from one other group table.  Our waiter reminded me of a young Ray Romano. haha!  He was very amiable and lighthearted.  When I handed him my ID he kept staring and staring until finally he said, "Happy birthday?"  After I laughed and thanked him, he told me I could have a free half pint for my birthday. yay!  Spenser had their Raging River and I had the Old Davenport Gold and for the free half pint we tried the Bucktown Stout.
A few days later Becca came to visit.  Originally I was going to have a group of friends come (including Becca), but schedules didn't work out so I called it off.  Becca surprised me by calling and saying that she was coming anyway regardless of any cancellations.  She said she had made plans to come and she was not going back on 'em.  Go Becca, the girl takes action! :)
 
She came and stayed overnight.  She, Adele and I went out to dinner and stayed up talking that night before grabbing breakfast the next morning.  We went to our very favorite Ihop.  And are you ready for this?  It was Becca's first time eating at Ihop.  Adele and I were appalled and happy all at once, since we love Ihop (probably a little too much).
 
Then we went shopping...uh oh.  Though we were actually supposed to be shopping for Becca's niece, I thought it was the perfect occasion to buy a Lion King shirt.  Call it a birthday present for myself? ;)
Lastly, my parents came to town to take me out to dinner.  Not only were they coming to celebrate my birthday, but we were also scouting out a place to go for my graduation.  In lieu of having a party, we are just going to go for a family/friend dinner somewhere after the graduation ceremony.  And I think we know where that somewhere is now. Yay!
 
Thank you to everyone who came, visited, and celebrated with me.
Here we go, 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment