Monday, April 1, 2013

Bridal Shower

This Saturday was my aunt's bridal shower/bachelorette party.  She is getting remarried next week, so to celebrate, her daughter and future daughter-in-laws threw her a shower.  The invitation instructed to dig out and wear an old bridesmaid dress for the occasion.  As much as it was a great idea, there was a slight problem for this family...my mom has long gotten rid of her old bridesmaids dresses and I haven't been a bridesmaid yet.  So no dress for us on either accounts.  :(  My mom and I were discussing options (borrowing, thrifting, etc.) and one of the ideas that came up was, "What if we get matching dresses?!"  How cute and funny would that be?  Now, how?  We went thrifting for matching dresses and as we went through the stores, we noticed that many of them have old prom/homecoming dresses.  We thought maybe we could find a matching pair of prom/homecoming dresses and pass them off as bridesmaids dresses.  Then, we did one better.
My mom found a dress that matched an old homecoming dress of mine!  They were different colors as you can see, but still oh-so-fun!  I wore the gray/purple dress I wore senior year to homecoming.  I was excited to have another occasion to wear it to.  (Because, seriously how many times do you get to wear those types of dresses?)  I was also excited we matched.  Everyone got a kick out of it.
 
My aunt's bridal shower and bachelorette party were a lot of fun.  I'd love to share more photos, but it was mainly family that were there and I don't want to expose them per se.  All in all I think everyone had a fun time.  Plus, this was the first bachelorette party I'd ever been to, so... there's that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment