Saturday, August 4, 2012

the olympics

Our friend Dan hosted the olympics party on Friday evening.  Everyone was in a festive spirit, wearing red, white, and blue for the occasion.  Except Adele. Adele was a rebel. ;)

I must confess I haven't really been keeping up with the olympics.  Maybe "keeping up with" isn't the right term? I read the news headlines of who won which event, and sometimes I'll read a backstory on new rules or how a ping-pong player has a ridiculously rigorous training schedule (i kid you not!).  But I don't watch the olympics.  Probably because I don't really watch television in general.  This was met with gasps from a few of my friends.  So it's good Dan had a get together specifically celebrating the olympics.  Because you guessed it-I actually sat down and watched the competition unfold.

We watched swimming, diving and a little bit of the gymnastics.  The diving brought back memories of going to the olympic trials in knoxville, tennessee a few years ago.  I am simply in awe of the athletes' agility.  The same goes for gymnasts.  They have incredible flexibility, balance, strength, and their willpower is bar none. 

*thanks to margaret for photos 1 & 10

No comments:

Post a Comment