Monday, August 13, 2012

Sleepy Hollow Trail

I started babysitting when I was in eighth grade and it's a job I still hold today.  The families and children have changed over the years.  Usually I am only needed for a short season in their lives.  Slowly some drop off, and I meet new families.  In these passing years, I have been blessed to meet some really wonderful families and spend some time as part of their children's lives.

On Saturday afternoon I spent some time with a family I started working for almost two and a half years ago.  The girl is eleven and the boy is nine.  The girl had a friend's birthday party to attend, so the boy and I went hiking not too far from where the party was.  We walked Sleepy Hollow Trail, a path not long, through dense plant life and over small creeks.  He said he had never been hiking before, and on the inside I was elated that we had come.  I believe nature has a lot to teach us, as well as a peace about it.  I relish any chance to share this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment