Friday, August 10, 2012

21

3173 pears
3170 pears
21
6 cups pears, peeled and cut
3 tablespoons spelt flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 pie crusts
3191 skinning pears1
First, begin by peeling and cutting your pears into slices or chunks.
3219 mixing bowls
Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Add pears and stir so that the dry ingredients are evenly distributed over pears.
3227 pie filling
Roll out crust in pie pan and add the pear mixture; the filling.  Dot with butter if you'd like.
3233 crust
Bake at 450F for about 20 minutes.
3244 pie ready to bake
A note: I guess I should have explained this in the beginning, but it's a tradition of mine to bake Spenser a pie for his birthday.  He absolutely loves pie!  He's also one who always loves to try something new, so I usually try and make pies that aren't your usual apple, cherry, etc.  In the past, I've baked a bluebarb (mixture of blueberry and rhubarb)-18, raspberry and white peach-19, I didn't have time to bake one for his 20th (I had my hands full with a big surprise party. eek!), and now pear-21.

No comments:

Post a Comment