Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter


We celebrated Easter at my grandparents with a big lunch and lots of visiting.  There were probably about thirty relatives or so there.  The little blond guys up top are my cousin, Kristi's, kids.  Aren't they adorable?!  They loved playing on Grandpa's power recliner.  (kind of like Spenser and I in the La-z-boy store...

The relatives and I also tried my cousin Simon's home-brewed mead.  Simon lives in Oregon and has started his own small business, Blue Dog Mead.  He was kind enough to send a few of his bottles so everyone could have a taste. 

We didn't have an egg hunt this year because there aren't as many little kids in attendence.  When I and many of my cousins were younger, the family used to have a big Easter egg hunt throughout my grandparents' backyard.  Instead, this year the little kids got baskets of candy- no looking required!

Spenser was the family photographer of the day and was nice enough to snap the photos of my parents and I.  He uses the continuous method, which is where he takes 100 shots in a minute and hopes one turns out.  Quantity over quality he says. :D

Oh yeah, and did I mention the swings?  Everybody loves the swing.  Spenser and I were pretty much on swing duty between pushing the little kids and taking turns ourselves.

Happy Easter! 

love,
C




2 comments:

  1. love the cardigan! and you are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! Thanks so much! Also, I had to check out your blog- it is absolutely adorable!

      Delete