Monday, April 16, 2012

Birthday Lunch

Today my very good friend, Adele, took me out for a birthday lunch!  She happened to be in town, so we made a date of it.  Our lunch consisted of soup and bread and salad, which was all delicious.  I got to catch up with her on her recent trip to Nashville to the Phi Theta Kappa National Convention.  It sounded like an awesome time!  We also shared notes on research projects: hers is on substance abuse in college fraternities and sororities and mine is on the effects of physical cleansing on moral judgment. Whew!

So as much as I hate to admit it, twenty caught up with me.  I never thought I'd be one of those people who didn't like birthdays, but I was resisting this 2-0 thing.  Why, you may ask?  Selfish reasons, of course. Haha!  I'm doing a lot of things in my life whipfast, including college.  I like being ahead of the game, and well, to me, 20 doesn't put me ahead of the gang, it puts me in the crowd if that makes any sense.  Plus, I didn't want to not be a teen anymore.  But enough of that.  Yes, you can feel free to roll your eyes now. ;)

This being said, I really love my life right now.  I love where I'm at and what I'm doing so with this in mind, I think twenty will be a really good year.  So bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment