Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Village

Adele and I took a small trip to The Village this Saturday.  The Village features a block of cute little shops and restaraunts.  It reminds me of a small Galena almost.  I've been meaning to go for a while and was so happy I got to go with Adele.  She's quite a good shopping partner.  Actually she's a good partner for pretty much any adventure. ;)

On the top left is the deal of the day: Adele purchased an adorable eye glass case with little piggies on it for a whopping three dollars and fifty cents.

On the bottom left is Lagomarcino's, a confectionary and ice cream parlor.  We stopped in for a mid-afternoon snack and fell in love with the place upon entering.  It has the old-fashioned feel of a fifties parlor complete with a soda fountain.  And of course, we sat at the fountain bar.  We both ordered sundaes- Missippi Marvel for Adele and an Italian Sundae for myself.  I kid you not when I say that that was one of the best desserts I've ever had.

I think it's safe to say Adele and I were quite charmed by The Village. 

No comments:

Post a Comment