Thursday, March 21, 2013

we did something awesome tonight

We went to the movies at the imax theater inside one of the local museums....
 
and we saw......
BACK TO THE FUTURE!
It was part of the imax's "Theater Throwbacks" where they rerun old movies from past decades.  This year they have mainly been showing 80s movies.  I have been wanting to go to the Theater Throwbacks for a year now, so it was a wish come true.  Previously, I had really wanted to see The Sting and a few others, but I was good with going to any of them.  Seriously, so excited.  It just came down to timing that this Thursday's movie was Back to the Future.  Both Spenser and I had seen it when we were much younger, but neither one of us remembered much about it.
 
While we were standing in line, I saw this girl who definitely stood out to me.  She was wearing jeans, white tennis shoes, light floral blouse and pink jacket.  I thought, "hmm, interesting style."  But hey, you go girl, you know?  Then, this guy came up to her and I thought, "What a couple!  They both have kind of a different style."  He was wearing jeans, white tennis shoes, a plaid shirt, a denim shirt, aviators and a red vest.  Still, I was completely oblivious.  It was only after the movie got out and I saw them again that I realized, "Duh, they're Marty McFly and Jennifer!"  What a fun idea though-to dress up in character for a night out!
 

As for the movie, I loved it!  I was smiling wide the whole time.  Spenser would look over and laugh at my constant beaming.   The movie has such a charm about it.  I loved all the references back and forth between decades such as Star Wars, Ronald Reagan, Chuck Berry, etc.  Plus, afterwards Spenser and I talked about what it'd be like to meet our parents in high school.  Isn't that a neat thing to think about?
Watching it on the imax just made it oh-so-much-better.  So. Big. Ohmygosh.  I'm blaming the largeness of the screen on my life-like reactions.  (Spenser was again laughing, but I imagine for good reason.  I was into it, what can I say?)  Also, the opening scene with the clocks on the big screen was magic.  But the best scene to see on the big screen was definitely:
Marty McFly rocking out at his parents' high school dance.  Felt like I was front row at that dance. Awesome.
McFly plays guitar, skateboards, and stands up for his dad...
his mom was right, what a "dreamboat"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment