Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break

No, this post is not filled with sunny days or crazy places, even though it's spring break.  I enjoyed mine quietly at home: relaxing and taking care of things that needed to be done here and there.  As you can see above, we still have snow... and it's been pretty foggy too! 
 
Before my spring break began, there was an interesting turn of events with my car.  The air pressure light kept coming on, even though I had it recently checked.  Sooo, I took it in and one of my tires had lost a lot of air, so much so it was pretty much flat.  They told me they couldn't fix it...(blah, blah, blah, get on with it, right? ;) )  In the end, after freaking out a little, I bought a tire.  I don't even know what kind of tire because the list to choose from was a mixture of capital letters and numbers and the run down the nice car mechanic-fellow gave me was pretty brief.  But I picked one and it was put on my car.  And I felt all grown-up as I drove off to my awaited time of leisure.  (Seriously, though, I consider myself a pretty adept being, but car issues felt like such an adult turning point. eek!)
 
This is how the rest of my break went: 
One evening was spent hanging out with these awesome and beautiful ladies!  Becca and Margaret happened to match by chance with their striped shirts and bright polka dot scarves.  Accidental matchy friends are so adorable!  Adele and I got goofy.  Nothing new there.  And yes, I am kissing a gnome.
I tried out my new telescopic camera lens that I received for Christmas this year.  (Thanks, Dad!!) I just tried it out on some nature shots of the back yard.  Nothing too exciting as far as photos go^^, but I already love the aperture settings on it.  Seriously.  Also, now nothing will be too far away. Yay!  I can't wait to take it to a performance or sporting event or something.  Or maybe I'll catch a far off sailboat on a pier or an animal seen from a hiking trail with it. 
Lastly, we made beignets at my house and they were delicious.  Fancy donuts and powdered sugar goodness. Mhmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment