Friday, March 22, 2013

The Mississippi in the Evening

 
Before we went to the movies the other night, we had some time to kill so we took a walk down by the riverfront.  It was the perfect time of evening.  The light reflected on the water as the sun set over the Mississippi.  I don't often get to see the river even though there is a beautiful walking path that follows along the banks.  We walked and I took quite a few photos, of course. It started out being just a tad cool, that springtime cool that one welcomes, but as the sun went down it got cold right by the river.
Just when I thought the pinks and oranges of the sunset over the old bridge were fading due to the sun going down, I turned around.  On the other side of the river is the modern bridge, one that is in full use and has lights adorning its arches.  The lights spilled out across the water leaving golden trails of reflections.
^^a drive-by photo^^
After walking the riverfront, we still had some time so we also checked out another area of downtown which I can't wait to share.
 
P.S. Spenser, you win, you made it into one of my photos...haha.
Spenser must have been tired of my relentless photo taking, so he thought he'd add a challenge by being goofy and running circles around me.  However, he did start and warm up the car for me when my fingers were frozen and about ready to fall off,... so I guess we're even. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment