Saturday, March 2, 2013

An afternoon walk

Today was a beautiful Saturday.  Adele's cousin, Matt, was visiting this weekend, so I thought I'd see if they wanted to bum around for a while.  The three of us went to the village, a quaint area of the city that has specialty shops and restaraunts.  We walked around there and then wandered into some of the surrounding neighborhoods.  Many of the houses in these neighborhoods are older and full of character.  Quite a few also have big, wrap around porches reminiscent of the south.  We envisioned ourselves drinking lemonade or sweet tea on them and looking out over the river.  I wish I had had the nerve to break out my camera, but this was my first time meeting Matt and I can be a bit obnoxious with my camera.  Not that he probably would have minded-it was just a self-conscious thing since I tend to take a lot of pictures.  I actually took the photos above by accident on my phone.  I was trying to answer a text message and instead opened the camera (it was really bright out and I couldn't see. haha.)  After walking through the residential areas, we stopped back at a coffee shop in the village before heading home.  It was so nice just to enjoy the weather and relax.  
 
P.S. Matt is awesome.  I would take him as my cousin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment