Monday, September 10, 2012

Art Show I

9989 menu sign
9990 ice cream
9982 sweeney todd
9994 string group
0007 archway
0010 artist at work
0012 carved hiking sticks
0013 faces in the wood
0014 carved faces
0018 sign
0019 flowers
0024 window
pressed flower cards
02 phone
0027 art show
0029 plant
Yesterday, I went to an art show that featured all kinds of painters, pottery-workers, jewelry designers, and so on.  My mom accompanied me and we teased that this was only a warm-up to this!  (Yes, I already cannot wait!)  We recognized a number of the artists who were showing their work, and met some new ones too. 
 
It always amazes me the different mediums and methods artists use.  For example, we met a painter who chooses to start out on black canvas.  Usually, artists start on white and then shade and tone, but he worked in reverse.  It was a fascinating effect. (Sorry I didn't get a picture! oops!)
 
Also, do you see the third from the last photo? Um, the next Salvador Dali?
 
I know this was a photo overload, but...I'll be back soon with even more! Everything was so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment