Saturday, September 22, 2012

a hidden place

0921 sunflower
0924 sunflowers
0922 sunflowers
0925 sunflowers
0929 sunflowers
0928 sunflower blvd
Yesterday I went on a walk while Spenser was at band practice. (no not this band, instead he was at this band ;) )  The neighborhood I was in was so pretty.  There were some really nice houses in the area.  The homes were filled with character and many had some neat, unique features.  For example, one house had a brick circular archway leading out to their garden-like backyard. While admiring the houses, I took pictures of a few of the doors and doorways that I fancied.  I'll have to share them another time! 
 
The neighborhood not only had pretty homes, but it was filled with lush greenery.  The sidewalks were lined with flowers and the yards were overgrown with ornamental grasses, shrubs, and the like.  So it should come as no surprise (but it did!) when I found this beautiful place.  The sunflowers were brimming over everywhere! 
 
This gorgeous sunflower garden was someone's backyard.  They had installed large wired structures that you would see at a greenhouse and really their whole backyard was similiar to an exposed outdoor greenhouse.  It was truly amazing and so beautiful.  (I know, I know, my treehugger, nature-lover just came out!) Everything about it was so beautiful.  What a wonderful place to stumble upon!  And what a wonderful sign of fall those sunflowers are!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment