Sunday, November 13, 2011

Almost, Maine


On Saturday, Adele and I went to see the production of Almost, Maine.  It was a romantic comedy consisting of a two-person dialogue for each scene.  Some scenes were of couples falling in love, some were of past loves, and some scenes were of people who couldn't admit they were in love.  I think the directors' notes sum it up best:
                  We talk about love and relationships in a unique language doing our best to
                   give meaning to something unpredictable, confusing, and wonderful.  We try
                   to make the intangible, tangible; the abstract, concrete...However, in the town
                   of Almost, Maine, in one magical moment, the sayings we so often employ to
                   express our deepest sadness and most extreme joy become real.  The skies clear
                   and the northern lights appear causing unexpected and life changing events. 
                   These characters move into uncharted territory as they encounter love and loss.

I think one of my favorite scenes was one in which the actors were a real-life couple. (so sweet!)  Afterwards, Adele and I got the chance to just talk for a while and I really appreciated it.

Today we took the family picture for the calendar and Spenser had his Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia recital.  I didn't make it, but my best wishes were with him for a great performance.

2 comments:

  1. Lol and then a surprise someone was sitting behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! oh yes, of course she'd be right behind us! ;)

    ReplyDelete