Sunday, January 6, 2013

temporary goodbye

^^this girl, my beautiful friend Lauren, is going to...France!
 
Eek!  She is studying abroad there til June.  I am so proud of her for taking advantage of such an opportunity.  Last night I got to spend a little time with her at our favorite coffee house.  We talked about her time overseas and other future-y stuff.  We both have some big plans and a lot to think about (but in very different ways), so it was neat to compare notes.  I've known Lauren for almost my entire life and it's funny to me to think of our conversations and how adult they've become.  Like last night, we mainly talked about Lauren's last year of college and then her plans after college that revolve around a personal relationship.  As for me, we talked about my graduation this spring, upcoming grad school, moving and so on.  Um, when did we get so old?  Maybe spending time with a childhood friend is just bound to bring that realization out?
 
As for the near, near future-I again can't express my support for Lauren enough.  I think it will be an amazing experience for her to live in a different country this semester and really be immersed into a whole different culture.  I wish the very best for her.  I also demand that she bring back a ton of pretty pictures! (Lauren, do you copy? ;) )

One last little note that has nothing to do with other countries, or future plans, or other scary stuff:
While at the coffee house I had cookie dough cheesecake and it was magnificent.  Seriously, it tops the dessert list.


No comments:

Post a Comment