Saturday, December 15, 2012

Baking Cookies

Adele and I stayed up til the wee hours of the morning last night baking!  We baked cut-out cookies in traditional christmas shapes: trees, reindeer, candy canes, angels, etc.  I decided to take a knife and hand cut a special one for Adele...a grinch!  She seems to identify with him around the holidays.  (However, I'm not quite sure I believe this completely because would the grinch bake and frost cut-out cookies? ;) ) 
 
Side note: Adele's recipe for the perfect cut-out cookies is originally from a 1940s lifestyle magazine.  How cool is that? 
 
We also made nutter butter balls. yum!  Plus, they were ridiculously easy to make, which surprised me.  But I'm not complaining!  You basically just crush a package of nutter butters, combine with cream cheese to make into balls, and then melt chocolate to cover them.
^^Rudolph!!  And here's a few phone pictures:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment