Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bonnaroo II

On our second day, we saw The Kooks first thing and then proceeded to stand in line for tickets to Aziz Ansari's stand-up routine.  This wait lasted longer than any of us expected.  I am not exaggerating when I say that we waited for a really really long time.  In fact we began waiting for tickets for the 4:00 pm show, but those sold out and we continued waiting for tickets for the 6:00 pm show.  Dedication.  Lucky for us, it paid off! 

In addition, the log wait wasn't a total waste since we took turns staying in line and wandering off to do something else.  Danielle and Jeremy N went to go see Two Door Cinema Club at one point.  While earlier Spenser and I braved the Big A** Waterslide.  From the ground the slide looked big, but not terribly big.  That changed once I climbed the stairs and saw that it's a straight shot down.  The people before me jumped with no regard, yet I preferred my body to stay on the slide and not go airbourne, so I sort of scooted to start. Boy does it go fast!  And once I was down, I wanted to go right back up and go again. Funny how that works.

Aziz Ansari was very entertaining.  He made a lot of jokes about marriage and raising kids since that's the stage that many of his friends are in right now.  I must say he was worth the wait.  After his comedy show, we went to Foster the People.  We left early from Foster to go to the main stage for Radiohead.  On our way out of the Foster crowd, all of a sudden the five of us just let loose dancing.  There was an unsaid understanding between all of us as we started and then just as quickly as we started, we stopped and got back to weaving our way out of the crowd.  It was one of my favorite Bonnaroo moments. 

Last concert of the night was, as I mentioned, Radiohead.  The crowds are huge everywhere you go at Bonnaroo, but when the headliners play, they grow to an astonishing number.  Radiohead put on an awesome show.  Even the lights and screens they had going were impressive, let alone the music.

Towards the end of the concert, the sky lit up in fireworks.      

No comments:

Post a Comment