Thursday, June 21, 2012

as of late...

Recently, I made French toast a couple of mornings, something I haven't done in a long time.  When I was little I'd cook French toast often, always just eyeing the milk and vanilla, never measuring.

I co-signed on my first car not too long ago.  Technically, it's not the first car I've ever "had" or driven, but the first I co-signed on.  I used to drive a small suv, a mazda tribute.  It was light gray and I took it everywhere in high school.  This new car is a car car.  It's dark blue and looks professional.  This car will go with me through grad school and beyond.  It was kind of bittersweet getting this new car that I know is going to transport me through the next phase of my life. (But mostly sweet.)

I'm taking two summer classes right now, one being World Religions.  I can honestly say I really enjoy what I'm learning in the course.  I had only a brief knowledge of the overviews of many of the major religions, but now I'm delving deeper into the specifics and subtypes of numerous faiths.  The only drawback is that there is an unfathomable amount of reading, but that's true with any college course.  I read this in the text the other day and absolutely loved it:

"Since the beginning of the human race, people have told stories. We human beings are not just storytellers, we are "storydwellers." We live in our stories and make sense of the world through them.  Even our understanding of what is good and evil, right and wrong, is shaped by the kind of story we see ourselves in and the role we see ourselves playing in that story." 


No comments:

Post a Comment