Sunday, February 12, 2012

bits of our saturday

We started out the morning with crepes from Crepes de Luxe, a place we found last fall.  I don't think there's a better way to start out the morning really.  Then, we walked around, went window shopping, and explored Barnes & Noble.  While we were in B&N, we found The Brick Bible, a book that depicts the bible in legos.  That's right.  We got a kick out of it!  We especially liked the representation of God using his powers (see photo). J

Later in the evening we went to the movies.  The theatre was in a mall, so we decided to get dinner at the food court.  The lines were loooong everywhere, therefore we split up the waiting.  I was in charge of tickets and Spenser was in charge of Panda Express.  Amazingly I was done first, so I watched a boys' hockey game for a bit.

We saw two movies that night!  First up was Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D.  We were psyched!  Our favorite part was the pod-racing by far.  It was exciting in 3D to be zooming through Tatooine with Anakin.

After Star Wars, we went to The Vow.  I know, I know, how incurable romantic of me.  I did think it had a thought-provoking concept of whether you would make the same choices if you had the chance to do it over again.  Also, during the previews before The Vow our two favorite droids showed up-C3PO and R2D2!  They were in a PSA for Variety Children's Charity.  How much more lovable can they get? (Seriously, watch the PSA!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment