Friday, January 27, 2012

On the road...

I've been traveling a lot lately! This semester I'm doing a field experience (very similar to an internship) and it's been taking me all over. I'm extremely grateful for this opportunity and am so excited to be observing and participating in this experience. 

As a School Psychology major it's so neat to be working with established school psychologists and seeing what many of the classrooms and kids that they work with look like.  Yesterday I sat in on an Early Childhood Program which is basically special-ed preschool and today I spent the day with a school psychologist.  We visited a few different schools and towns; we attended meetings both at the high school and preschool level, I observed her doing reading testing at an elementary school, and I got to learn about the research that she's been doing on Response to Intervention (RTI).  She will be presenting this research in a month at the NASP Annual Convention.  I was really impressed- research requires ambition and quite the time commitment!  I also really admire when people keep growing and learning in their field no matter how long they have been at it.
 
 
I hope I can do the same when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment