Sunday, October 23, 2011

Brunch

top right: breakfast burrito, bottom left: mushroom crepes

Sunday morning we went to brunch at the Red Avocado.  We've been meaning to visit this organic/vegetarian restaraunt for some time and brunch was the perfect way to start the day.

Later, before we embarked on the drive we stopped at a gas station.  While I filled the car up, Spens ran inside and reemerged with a can and bag.  "I got us Peace Tea and donuts, I couldn't help myself."  My kind of guy! how I love him so and that smile when he said 'I couldn't help myself'...  Priceless. 

In the afternoon, we were lazy and watched this.
We both liked it!  I will warn you it is somewhat violent in parts, but the film has a great story to tell.  I think what got my interest the most was how the setting of a post-apocalyptic world came to be.  In the movie, Denzel explains that the war "tore" a hole in the sky and sun burned the earth-the vegetation, the people, everything.  This hit home with me. Not long from now we may "tear a hole in the sky"
not by war, but through our very daily habits.
   

"People had more than they needed.  We had no idea what was precious, and what wasn't.  We threw away things people kill each other for now."

No comments:

Post a Comment