Monday, October 12, 2015

Sunday musings

I wish I could go back to this moment.  Everything about it.  My open smile at Spenser.  Us laughing.  Surrounded by friends.  The sun just getting to that perfect time of late afternoon going into evening.  The afternoon-evening light that comes with it.  The feeling of unending summer.  All the love and joy.  The freedom to run around and just be outside.

This photo just captures such a easy, relaxed moment brimming with love and happiness.  It's lightweight, simple, but perfect.  It's what I wish for and really what we all wish for.  I hope everyone can remember a time like that; pure and wonderful.

I guess I'm feeling pretty nostalgic tonight.  Do you ever do that with pictures-where it really creates a longing for feeling/time/event gone by?  I certainly like to look back and just smile over certain memories.  But tonight I want to be in that photo.  I want to be who I was at that time and be able to feel exactly what I felt.

Thank you summer 2013 for this precious gem.

Goodnight, and best wishes for the holiday tomorrow.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment