Sunday, May 20, 2012

1st Birthday

Yesterday I got to join my friend Laura and her family in celebrating her nephew, Aaron's, first birthday!  The celebration was held at her sister's house, which is about a two and a half hour drive. 

I met Aaron when he was just a month or so old and I remember Laura's excitement when he was born.  I couldn't wait to see him again-it's been too long!  He's grown so much in this first year.  It's amazing how fast children change and develop when they're young. 

Aaron has such a good attitude.  He didn't fuss once even with all the people and being passed around so much.  He seemed to really enjoy his first birthday.  Besides, he received some cool gifts, and got to eat birthday treats, so how could he not enjoy it? ;)

Laura's aunt made the adorable frog cookies.  Talk about talent!  Plus, she found a fan in Aaron, he really liked his cookie. Aaron also got a kick out of being messy with his cupcake, which was funny and cute all at once.  After opening presents, we were treated to Aaron demonstrating for everyone how he dances to the elmo song.  He is a mover!

I really appreciated being able to be there for Aaron's 1st birthday.  It was so kind of Laura and her family to invite me.  I felt honored to celebrate his birthday.  I don't have any nephews of my own (and never will have any biological ones for that matter), but if I did, I'd want one just like Aaron. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment